Re: LDPR Interaction Model on Create

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 08:53 -0400, Steve Speicher wrote:
> Hi James,
>

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM, James Leigh <james@3roundstones.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi Steve,
>
>         Section 5 makes a lot of references to section 4. Just saying
>         LDPR, but not LDPC is not enough (aside from a minimal
>         implementation). I would like to see an explicit list of
>         behaviour that is prohibited in this mode.
>

> Taking this suggestion to the extreme, this sounds like restating
> every clause in section 5 and making a paired counter negative
> normative clause.  I don't think we want this.  Well I don't want
> this.  Perhaps instead we could make a single statement (watering it
> down here) "don't do things in section 5" and make a list of a couple
> key ones (like affecting containment and membership triples on create
> (5.2.3 HTTP POST) and delete (5.2.5 HTTP DELETE) ).
>

> Regards,
> Steve

I was thinking that the spec could identify the sections in 5 that
conflict with section 4 and therefore are prohibited in the LDPR
interaction model. Reading through the spec I can only find Link
headers, containment/membership triples, and HTTP DELETE that would
cause conflicts. Even POST is vaguely defined in section 4, so I don't
see how the client could assume any behaviour related to POST in an LDPR
interaction model.

I can only find the above five points that would conflict with the
expected behaviour of an LDPR. If that's true (or even if there are
more), I would like the spec to be more explicit about them, so we all
know exactly what is prohibited.

Thanks,
James