From: Georg Schneider <schneidergeorg@gmx.net>
Sent: vrijdag 1 mei 2020 12:11
To: public-lbd@w3.org
Subject: Call for participation - Revision of textual definitions of bot:Site, bot:Building, bot:Storey, bot:Interface and bot:hasSubElement

Dear all!

in our last call we briefly touched revisions of the definitions (rdfs:comment) of bot:Site, bot:Building, bot:Storey, bot:Interface and bot:hasSubElement.

To move forward with finalising these definitions and align multi-language translations of them, we send the current definitions as agreed on (latest comment) in their respective github channels through this mailing list.

If you do not agree with this definitions please send your feedback and proposal for improvement though this mailing list or in the respective linked github issues latest by 06 May 2020.

Term: bot:Site
Github: https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/54

rdfs:comment: "A part of the physical world or a virtual world that is inherently both located in this world and having a 3D spatial extent. It is intended to contain or contains one or more buildings."

Term: bot:Building
Github: https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/65

rdfs:comment: "An independent unit of the built environment with a characteristic spatial structure, intended to serve at least one function or user activity [ISO 12006-2:2013]. A bot:Building is a part of the physical world or a virtual world that is inherently both located in this world and having a 3D spatial extent, is contained in a building site, and can contain one or more storeys that are vertically connected."

Term: bot:Storey
Github: https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/66

rdfs:comment: "A part of the physical world or a virtual world that is inherently both located in this world and having a 3D spatial extent. A bot:Storey is contained in one or more buildings, and is intended to contain one or more spaces that are horizontally connected. Storeys of a building are connected by means of vertical connections such as elevators and stairs. A bot:Storey encompasses both zones above and below ground, for example,  a building <buiA> with 21 floors, one ground floor and 3 basements' is equal to the sentence: '<buiA> has 25 bot:Storeys'."

Term: bot:Interface:
Github: https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/71

rdfs:comment: "A bot:Interface is a part of the world with a spatial extent, that is common to some zones and elements. It allows to describe the boundary between two building elements, two zones or a building element and a zone. It can be used for qualification of the topological connections between these pairs. An example is the qualification of the heat transmission area between a zone and a wall covering multiple zones."

Term: hasSubElement
Github: https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/47

rdfs:comment: "Relation between two building elements, either one element hosting another (e.g. a window hosted by a wall) or a subcomposition of a building element into smaller parts (e.g. a fan as part of an air handling unit)."

Best

Georg