Re: Ontology for geometric data?

Op vr 26 okt. 2018 om 11:33 schreef Martynas Jusevičius <
martynas@atomgraph.com>:

> Have you seen this thread? https://github.com/w3c-lbd-cg/bot/issues/41

No, I had not. But I see now it is very relevant, and I am happy to see
that this issue is discussed in this group! I agree with the viewpoint that
it should not be the task of a group with a focus on building information
to develop an ontology for a general concept like space/geometry. And it is
good to see people are looking over domain fences.

A fundamental problem seems to be that although geometry is important in
many domains that are growing towards sharing data on the web (at least the
GIS domain, the 2D/3D graphics domain and the BIM domain), there does not
seem to be a (W3C) group dedicated to modelling space independent of
industry domains.

Still, I think it would be a good start if this group tries to reuse
semantics defined in GeoSPARQL. Perhaps that could be a positive influence
for improving GeoSPARQL too. It is a standard by the OGC, but the OGC
intensively looking at the building domain and how building data can be
combined with geographical data.

Regards,
Frans