Re: How do you document your JSON-LD context files ?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 9:40 AM Thomas Francart
<thomas.francart@sparna.fr> wrote:
> Thanks. We don't have a SINGLE approach, but do we have an approach **at all** ?

Yes, we do -- put any explanation of design decisions in the
vocabulary or in a specification. The place to explain design
decisions is DEFINITELY NOT in a JSON-LD Context. We have pretty solid
consensus on that at this point, IMHO.

> How am I supposed to convey to say, a team of developper, the decisions taken while designing the context ? and a framing spec ?
> I am not blaming anyone but this is a very frustrating situation.

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated. :(

The good news is that there is a pretty clean answer to your question:

Document the design decisions in a specification or vocabulary, and
(ideally), make the URLs used in the JSON-LD Context link back to
human-readable documentation. Here's how we do it for Verifiable
Credentials:

https://w3c.github.io/vc-data-model/vocab/credentials/v2/vocabulary.html

That is generated through Ivan Herman's wonderful yaml2vocab tool:

https://github.com/w3c/yml2vocab

Would that work for your situation, Thomas?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/