Re: Generating CSV from JSON-LD: w3c tabular data vs frictionless

> \On Jul 10, 2022, at 11:32 AM, Roberto Polli <robipolli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Gregg,
>
> replies inline.
>
> Il giorno gio 7 lug 2022 alle ore 22:24 Gregg Kellogg
> <gregg@greggkellogg.net> ha scritto:
>>> I wanted to identify a standard way of generating a CSV from a JSON-LD
>>> and still being able
>>> to generate back the original LD.
>>> I am now reading https://www.w3.org/TR/tabular-data-primer/
>>> is that used? Does it work?
>> Yes, CSVW (tabular-data-mode, tabular-metadata, etc.) is used, although probably not quite widely enough.
>> The group did not describe a method for serializing arbitrary RDF to CSV with corresponding metadata.
>> Something akin to JSON-LD Framing might be useful in doing this, but it is a hard problem.
>
> I think that stuffing framing information into a frictionless
> datapackage can do the work.
> WDYT?

I can’t say, but this is something that might belong in w3c/csvw [1] as a use case. Eventually, the group may re-emerge to do some updates, as interest has been growing steadily.

Gregg

[1] https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues <https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues>