Moving the rdfa initial context onto github…

From: W3C <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 09:18:06 +0200
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com>, W3C JSON-LD Working Group <public-json-ld-wg@w3.org>
Gregg,

I am almost sure that this is something you can handle… (but I would not know how…)

I have created a PR to move the JSON-LD version of the RDFa initial context onto our repo[1]. If accepted by the WG, the plan is that I put some redirections from the current URL on the W3C date space (ie, [2]) and the maintenance of that file will continue from the repo. Note that [2] is currently updated via a manual editing process...

However, I would love to see the RDFa initial context itself[3] move to the same repo and then editing of a single source only.

At the moment [3] is updated in a way that is fully dependent on me, The RDFa/html file[3] is mirrored on my machine. If I make a change, I run a local script (based on the Python based RDFa parser that I did eons ago…) which extracts the RDF data, and creates the RDF/XML and Turtle equivalents ([4], [5]) and then cvs commits all this. The rest is a set up on the W3C name space to ensure content negotiations (through some .var files).

It would/should be possible to move [3,4,5] to the same github repository and use some .htaccess based redirections. But, ideally, update would mean updating the HTML file only, and then [2],[4],[5] would be generated automatically. We know this can be made on github CI, but I do not know how (I have never made these things).

Bottom line: is this something you can do on the rc repository? Is it easy to install your RDFa tools to run on github? (Mine is working on my machine, but I had to make an Python2->Python3 conversion lately and I am not 100% it is full o.k. I also do not know whether the JSON-LD serializer on RDFLib has been properly maintained with the latest RDFlib release (and, frankly, it is not high on my priority to check all that…).

Bottom line: help:-)

Thanks

Cheers

Ivan