Re: json-ld partial test reports?

On Dec 12, 2020, at 1:20 PM, Daniel X. Pape <dpape@dpape.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on a C++ implementation of a json-ld processor. I'm not nearly done yet--I have 100% of the 1.0 tests passing for expansion and toRdf, and about 75% of the 1.1 tests. I also have 100% of the URDNA2015 normalization tests passing, but I understand that is technically a separate project.
>
> I have a couple of questions:
>
> It seems like most of the libraries with posted test results on https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-api/reports/ are all 90%+ for all of the API. Should I wait until I have more implemented before submitting an EARL report?

We’re happy to accept test results at any time. It is one way to advertise the availability of alternate implementations such as yours. Of course, you can always submit a follow on report when you have more coverage.

There is some effort involved, so I wouldn’t do this too frequently.

> Is it acceptable to only support the 1.1 spec? Or do all the complete implementations support both 1.0 and 1.1 for all of the api functions?

The 1.1 spec is current, and tests specifically for 1.0-only features need not be passed.

Gregg