Re: possible bug in the distiller or the API spec ?

This would be a bug, and it does point to a hole in the test suite. We should have tests for every legitimate JSON element as a direct value of a JSON property, or @value. (Given how it’s implemented, hard to see how this might have happened).

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net