Re: Javascript Class Specification: seek discussion in this email group.

Hi Feng Chun,

There actually is a class definition discussion going on in the language
spec team, here:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:maximally_minimal_classes

Apart from that, however, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on the
role of such a complex class system as you've proposed in preference of the
CommonJS module definition.  I recommend that you read it.

 http://www.commonjs.org/specs/modules/1.0/

The CommonJS module definition is small, portable, and, most importantly,
keeps Javascript Javascript.  The Java class system is overly verbose, and
even the dojo project (which used to use a very Java-like name-spacing) has
moved to the simpler require() system.

What is it that the JSDK you've proposed brings to the table that is
missing from existing module schemes?  Is it something new, or is it just
Java?

Cheers,
Sam

--