Re: using ixml with mixed content - a design problem

Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> writes:

> I may be missing what the problem is, but can't you just parse the
> elements?

My apologies - I did not, it appears, make clear enough that in my
imaginary scenario I am working to parse portions of an XML document,
within an XSLT transform or an XQuery module.

So I don't have an XML document presented as a sequence of characters --
I have a sequence of nodes in the XPath Data Model.

The two suggestions by Norm and Liam amount to serializing the sequence
of nodes as a string, so that it can be parsed as a unit.  Different
serialization choices produce different processing challenges /
opportunities.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

--
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen