Re: integrating error codes into the test suite and its schema

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen writes:

> Q1 How should grammar-test and test-case elements specify the expected
> error codes?
>
> Suggestion 1a: with an attribute on the assertion(s).
>
> So in tests/error/test-catalog, test set hex-much-too-big would have a
> grammar test reading something like
>
>     <grammar-test>
>       <result>
> 	<assert-not-a-grammar ixml:error="S07"/>
>       </result>
>     </grammar-test>

Alternative:  name the attribute 'error' and use QNames for the values:

 	<assert-not-a-grammar error="ixml:S07"/>

> Q3 How do the codes affect reported results?

> Suggestion 3a:  add 'half-pass' as a result-type value.

If anyone can think of a better term than 'half-pass', I think they will
earn everyone's gratitude.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC
http://blackmesatech.com