Re: Namespaces and ixml

> I proposed a way of doing namespaces using the existing mechanisms:
>
> data: @xmlns:iso, iso:date+.
> @xmlns:iso: ^"http://example.com/ns/date".
> iso:date: ...etc...
>
> My feeling is that even if there were another notation added as well for
> namespaces, the method above would have to work anyway.
> So why would we want to have two methods of doing the same thing?

Just a note to reiterate what Norm and Steven have already said: the method above absolutely must NOT work anyway as an XML output.    The relevant wording of the spec is "Grammars must be written so that any serialization of a parse tree produced from the grammar is well-formed XML."

Thanks,
Tom

Tomos Hillman
eXpertML Ltd