Re: What is a pragma?

Just one query John

On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 at 10:57, John Lumley <john@saxonica.com> wrote:

> The important point is that the IXML processor has two phases:
>
> Recognising that the input sentence corresponds to the grammar described by the supplied IXML declaration and generating a parse tree, and
> Generating an output XML structure from that parse tree described by the 'output' declarations within the supplied IXML grammar declaration.
>
> and that pragmas NEVER alter the parsing 'semantics' of the first phase (albeit perhaps the issue of 'prefix parsing' might be a grey area.)

Query the 'recognise that the input sentence corresponds to the
grammar described by the supplied IXML declaration'

I tried to differentiate (vocab posts) between the initial grammar
supplied and the resultant grammar as modified
by pragmas? If I'm right in my interpretation, then your first phase
description is incorrect (if pragmas are
in play)?

regards

--
Dave Pawson