Re: what I learned from today's discussion of delimiters

I rather like the idea of using ⦃⦄ (U+2983 and U+2984 - white curly brackets), and offering an ASCII two-character alternative; maybe {[ ]} (or {| |}). So ⦃a:b stuff⦄ and {[a:b stuff]} would be equivalent. It’s not strictly the same as the comment delimiter, but it is still a type of curly bracket. And the two-character form looks very similar to the single-character delimiter, so it’ll be easy for a human reader to recognize them as equivalent.

Dr. Bethan Tovey-Walsh
Myfyrwraig PhD | PhD Student CorCenCC
Prifysgol Abertawe | Swansea University
Croeso i chi ysgrifennu ataf yn y Gymraeg.