Re: what I learned from today's discussion of delimiters

On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 21:26 -0700, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:

> (3) Neither using braces in pragma delimiters nor avoiding them will
>     have any major technical effect on the spec.

If you want to put them into element content in XSLT 3 or XQuery, curly
braces are of course special. You can get around it in XSLT with
expand-text="no" and in XQuery with literal element constructors,
``[ stuff here ]``
as long as "stuff here" doesn't contain `{ ... }`.

XQuery uses (#...#) with an EQname at the start,
  "(#" S? stuff  "#)"
where stuff is a sequence of Char not including "#)"

It might be nice to be the same if that's possible, instead of
inventing something new.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org