Re: draft agenda for invisible XML community group call Tuesday 26 April 2022

"C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com> writes:
> Minute taker: tbd

I think it’s me, but your rota at the end of the agenda has Tom on deck.
I’m happy to do it this week or next time.

> Topic: Previous Actions
>
> ACTION 20220405-003: Norm: Add the error code linkages to the spec
>        (for issue #44).
>
> ACTION 20220405-004: Norm: to add prose specifying the namespace to
>        use if error codes are given as qualified names (for issue
>        #61).

Both of these actions will be completed by agreeing to any of the error
codes proposals I’ve made (PRs #54, #65, or #74; see also the example
drafts linked from those PRs).

I believe the consensus is for error codes parenthetically (per this
draft: https://ndw.github.io/ixml/errcodes3.html) _without_ the text of
the message appearing below the paragraph where they’re mentioned.

> ACTION 20220412-003: All - Review of the namespace proposal (for #66).

Steven has expressed reservations, but I think the rest of the CG is in
favor of the proposal. I sent a version of the grammar that incorporates
the proposal, for anyone who’s interested in what that might look like:

  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ixml/2022Apr/0092.html

> ACTION 20220412-004: Norm to produce some spec. prose on the version
>        (conformance) issue (#63).

Done, https://github.com/invisibleXML/ixml/issues/63#issuecomment-1100917298

Michael has proposed some changes that I agree are improvements.

> ACTION 20220412-005: Norm - Improve the README - what format -
>        Markdown or HTML.

Done. I left it in HTML because I wasn’t sure how the build process for
invisiblexml.org would handle markdown.

> Topic:  Status reports
>
> Topic:  Status of implementations

I’ve updated my processor to the (now current) grammar but I’m eager to
see the other proposals adopted so I can update it again before making
any sort of announcements about the changes.

> Topic:  Status of testing and test suites

I updated the test suite to the (now current) grammar, but I haven’t
added any new tests for insertions yet. I no longer recall why PR #56
isn’t closed. I don’t know if I’m waiting for Michael to do something or
if I’m waiting for me to implement what Michael did. It’s possible that
it has been overtaken by events. I’ll try to investigate before the
meeting today.

> Topic:  Release plan

Looking at the calendar, my proposal is:

26 Apr: Adopt the consensus proposals, attempt resolution of namespaces
 3 May: - (I assume from previous conversations that Steven is away)
10 May: Hard stop on changing the status quo vis-a-vis namespaces
17 May: Last day to discuss technical changes in post-10 May draft
24 May: Final editorial review of draft
31 May: Final draft approved by the CG
 7 Jun: Sigh with relief, discuss XML Prague plans

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norm Tovey-Walsh