Re: Consensus checkin

On 23/04/2022 10:41, Tomos Hillman wrote:
> Not a necessity IMO, but an improvement to readability to use '|', and
> familiar to users of RNG/DTDs.  I prefer ':=` to either character on
> its own, to be honest, but I know that there is an appetite for single
> character syntax 'furniture'.

An interesting point on single-character furniture. In my own work on a
Javascript + SaxonJS in-browser implementation (nearly there - already
getting ixml.ixml processed by itself in subsecond time - report
soon...) it became apparent that the changes in operator for
repeat-with-separator ('**', '++') were the *only* terminals in the ixml
definition that required recognition of a multi-character quoted
literal. This gave me a minor amount of grief before I expanded them
into an indirected sequence of single character quoted literals...

--
*John Lumley* MA PhD CEng FIEE
john@saxonica.com