Re: Syntactic variability

Agreed. I instinctively prefer “:” for no good reason that I can identify, but will happily retrain my brain to use “=“ for simplicity and (what I suspect will be) greater readability.

“|” is very naturally “or” for me - more so than “;”, which I also find clutters up the syntax and makes it harder to read. I imagine most people who program will find “|” more intuitive.

BTW