Re: Refactor of ixml grammar

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 16:02, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
<cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com> wrote:

> Dave, good point.
>
> Both Tom Hillman (Jay Parser) and I (Aparecium) are working on ixml
> implementations that are intended to be callable from XSLT.  The
> current initial implementation of Aparecium is XQuery, but I expect to
> get around to making an XSLT version ‘real soon now’.  (And if memory
> serves, Saxon allows XQuery functions to be called from XSLT, though
> I’ve never actually done that …)

Mike has a full suite. Json, xml and both via xquery if needed (he implemented
both).

> And yes, running an ixml parser that provides a coarse analysis, and
> then processing, and then running an ixml parser with a different grammar
> in individual segments, is a style of usage I think makes sense.

I've certainly used this form, parsing 'plain text' input as xml.

> At the moment, though, Aparecium is too slow to be anything but a toy
> for playing with, while dreaming of the day when we have something
> usable in a production system.

I'm sure all such software started out as a toy, then grewed and grewed?

Good luck.

regards

--
Dave Pawson