Re: resolving ambiguity

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 13:24:49 +0000
To: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, Aleksei Guzev <aleksei@guzev.pro>
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, Tom Hillman <tom@expertml.com>, public-ixml@w3.org
 > If as a grammar writer I care which parse tree is produced, then I
should write a grammar in which no sentence is ambiguous.

Exactly. We are friendly enough to produce a serialization, and to mention
that it is ambiguous. Specifying which serialization is produced is too
difficult: it depends so much on which parsing algorithm is used. I think
it is fine as it is, as long as we can agree how best to specify the
constraint that all available input is consumed.

Steven