RE: fate of IRI working group in IETF

At 19:44 06/01/2013, Larry Masinter wrote:
>The question and your interests presume the lack of interest is in
>the topic. But this is not the case. Rather, There is a lack of
>interest in working within the IETF process.

This is a very interesting statement when I confront it to my
personal field current experience.

The IETF' switch from the better internet to the more market
palatable internet (Aug 29th) might actually correspond to this. Like
a change wehad before from ITU to IETF. This time it is from
internationalization to multilingualization (as a general metaphore
in many disciplines). It might not mean many new SDOs but a possible
switch from internationalizing (Unicode, IETF, etc.) to
multilingualizing entities, actually from localization to subsidiarity.

I personnally locate the change at RFC 5895. The innetwork is stable,
reliable, etc. the outnetwork is adaptative, at least on a community
basis. Languages are good examples of existing communities.
Technologies may also be (ipads, linux, etc). Architures may also be.
I experiment the concept with the small IUse community slow emergence
(Intelligent Use system extensions).

jfc