New Bidi draft (was: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.txt)

Dear IRI WG,

With Larry's help, I have produced another version of
draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines.

Rather than looking at the ASCII-only versions, please look at one of
the following versions, which now have non-ASCII characters:

http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.html
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.pdf
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.utf8.txt

The diff you should look at is the following:
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02.txt&url2=http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.utf8.txt
(you may have to set the encoding to UTF-8 by hand).

This shows that one of the main changes is adding non-ASCII texts, in
particular in examples. Please carefully check them. I also have allowed
NSM (non-spacing marks) at the end of components. As Cary Karp and
Harald Alvestrand have shown in RFC 5893, this is important for Yiddish
and other languages. Also, in terms of bidi, it's actually non-brainer.

As usual, any and all comments welcome!

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: One of my students, Shunsuke Oshima, is working hard on checking
the various conditions for character combinations in bidi components.
This is an extension of Harald's work for IDN labels. We hope that we
can soon present the conclusions of this work.