[off-topic] Internet Draft formats (PDF,...) Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-01.txt

Hello Richard,

What do you mean by "comfortable"? Internet Drafts traditionally look
like typewritten stuff. There's a chance that that will change, a BOF is
planned for the upcoming Paris IETF (check for rfcform on
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/83/). Ideally, there will be no need
anymore to have non-ASCII examples separate from the actual RFC. But I
expect any new format to very very conservatively take at least a year
to come into effect. There are simply too many people attached to the
old format, and too divergent wishes for a new format.

The comparison draft you cite below is in PDF simply because Larry
published it. Because he works for Adobe, he feels 'required' to submit
a PDF version when that's possible, the same way W3C team members (or
former team members like me) do their presentations using HTML.

If you can't stop your urge for PDF, you can get the XML source from the
subversion repository at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/log/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis, and
produce your own. I personally prefer the hypertext-enabled
typewriter-lookalike version at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines.

Regards,   Martin.