Re: rfc3987bis and RFC 6365

--On Friday, June 08, 2012 08:44 -0600 Peter Saint-Andre
<stpeter@stpeter.im> wrote:

>> (Massive nit-pick follows, but these things actually are
>> important if one wants a clear and useful definition)
>>
>> I don't believe 3987bis should define "UCS";
>
> Yes, I was going to suggest that, but I wasn't sure what to
> propose in its place (i.e., "ISO/IEC 10646" or "Unicode" --
> the latter has the benefit of being much more familiar to most
> people who would read this specification).

As long as we are talking about either code points or
repertoires they are pretty much interchangeable (as I hope
everyone reading this knows).  It seems to me it would be
rational to pick whatever term would be most familiar to the
audience, insert a parenthetical or other note on first use that
points to the other one (and maybe says "same for code points
and repertoire"), and then just move on and be consistent.

    john