Fwd: Re: FW: UTS #46, Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing, Version 6.1 Released

This was caught in the moderator queue. Forwarding.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: FW: UTS #46, Unicode IDNA Compatibility
Processing,  Version 6.1 Released
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 01:13:42 +0000
From: John C Klensin <john@jck.com>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: public-iri@w3.org

Ted and Larry,

If the question is really about UTS #46, I'd encourage everyone
relevant to read RFC 5704, substituting IDNA and various Unicode
actions for MPLS and ITU-T as needed.   The point is roughly the
same: the Unicode Consortium decided that a (somewhat
incompatible) "improvement" to IDNA was needed, could not get
consensus for that specification in the IETF, and so went off
and wrote their own.

     john

--On Wednesday, February 01, 2012 16:54 -0800 Ted Hardie