Re: IRI WG interim meeting?

Hi Martin,

On 4/26/12 5:35 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> many thanks for bringing this up. What kind of meeting do you have in
> mind? A face-to-face or something with remote technology?

I was definitely thinking of a virtual interim meeting, not an in-person
meeting.

> Also, I think that we have currently two problems, both not necessarily
> helped by a meeting:
> 1) three of our drafts (everything except bidi) is "close to final", but
> more editing and review is needed for completion.

Those issues could probably be addressed through calls among the editors
of those document as you all have been doing. However, a virtual interim
meeting might help gather feedback from reviewers.

> 2) The bidi draft has some really big question/discussion points. The
> best thing there would be some magic new idea. Some phone time might
> also help. But it may be difficult to get Shawn, Adil, some people from
> the middle East and me on a teleconference at the same time.

Yes, there are logistical challenges, but I agree with you that some
concentrated time to talk in real time might help us move toward
solutions to these difficult problems.

Peter, as co-chair