Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02.txt

Greetings,

I'm just starting to review things as your new AD. I noticed that the
header of this document says that its intended status is "Best Current
Practice". I believe that is incorrect. It should be "Proposed
Standard". Please change this, or give a very compelling reason that
this is not on the standards track. If it is not on the standards track,
I will argue vociferously for it being "Informational". It is certainly
not appropriate for BCP, which is (many exceptions notwithstanding) for
IETF process and procedures.

I think standards track is appropriate; it gives protocol rules for the
use of Bidi in IRIs.

pr

On 3/9/12 12:09 PM, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Resource Identifiers Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title           : Guidelines for Internationalized Resource Identifiers with Bi- directional Characters (Bidi IRIs)
> 	Author(s)       : Martin Duerst
>                            Larry Masinter
>                            Adil Allawi
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02.txt
> 	Pages           : 10
> 	Date            : 2012-03-09
>
>     This specification gives guidelines for selection, use, and
>     presentation of International Resource Identifiers (IRIs) which
>     include characters with inherent right-to-left (rtl) writing
>     direction.
>

> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02.txt

> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-02.txt

Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102