Re: Mails from Issue Tracker

* Martin J. Dürst wrote:
>On 2011/03/26 3:31, Slim Amamou wrote:
>> The automatic login and password service failed; manual intervention is
>> needed. Please send a mail to webmaster@tools.ietf.org and explain the
>> situation for further assistance.
>
>I'd just go ahead and send that mail. I have observed that the password
>stuff doesn't work well with Opera, so I use Firefox. Maybe trying
>another browser could help.

When I ran into this Henrik Levkowetz and I investigated a bit and found
that there may have been an error in the WWW-Authenticate header that is
being used for the login (the domain attribute specified tools.ietf.org
even though the host was trac.tools.ietf.org and Opera did not like that
but I have not checked whether that was Opera's fault).

The other issue I ran into was that I tried to register an address other
than the one I usually use to send mails from, and the server apparently
does not like that either. I believe the former issue has been fixed, so
I would suspect the problem is the email address (which could be fixed
either by using an address that's been used to post to IETF lists, or by
contacting the Webmaster to have it added as exception).

(That said, I would much prefer if people post issues and discuss issues
on the list and let editors, chairs, directors, secretaries, and so on,
figure out how to make use of the issue tracker beyond that.)