Re: requesting feedback regarding HTML5 and RFC 3987

On 6/19/11 11:18 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> That's very interesting.  The situation in WebKit is substantially
> different.  Essentially, JavaScript URLs aren't really treated as URLs
> at all.  Navigation to JavaScript URLs are intercepted at a relatively
> high level, and the script is extracted and executed.

Yep, which is why things like:

will execute the script but not actually show the resulting document in
WebKit (whereas the same thing in an <iframe src> will show the
resulting document)....

> The URL of the resulting document is just unchanged from the original document.

That also doesn't match the current HTML5 draft, fwiw (in particular for
the case when the original document's url is about:blank).

-boris