From: Matitiahu Allouche [matial@il.ibm.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:26 AM
To: Mohamed Mohie
Cc: bidi@unicode.org; bidi-bounce@unicode.org; Mark Davis ☕; public-iri@w3.org; public-iri-request@w3.org; Shawn Steele
Subject: Re: [bidi] Re: BIDI?

Please define "mostly Latin" and "mostly Arabic or Hebrew".

Are you suggesting to count LTR and RTL characters? Are they all equally weighted?
Does the counting include the scheme (e.g. "http")? the TLD?

Please consider that the prime objective, IMHO, is to enable easy and unambiguous human translation from a displayed IRI (napkin, bus side) to the corresponding logical string.

Shalom (Regards),  Mati
          Bidi Architect
          Globalization Center Of Competency - Bidirectional Scripts
          IBM Israel
          Fax: +972 2 5870333    Mobile: +972 52 2554160