Re: How browsers display IRI's with mixed encodings

From: Leif H Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 00:12:21 +0300
To: duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp
Cc: chris@lookout.net, public-iri@w3.org
Martin J. Dürst 25/7/'11,  13:23

> What a validator might do is to recommend to change /People/D%BC%C3rst
> to /People/Dürst, but that only after we have made sure that IRIs are
> really widely implemented.

So there simply isn't enough data? Given that HTML5 recommends UTF-8 as the page encoding, citing URL support as justification, one should think that IRI-support is already wide?

Btw, the letter 'ü' might require percent encoding even for UTF-8 because it, in a IRI, may point to a resource with a decomposed letter (and decomposed 'ü' should not be used in Web texts). Leif