Re: How browsers display URIs with %-encoding (Opera/Firefox FAIL)

On 7/21/2011 12:05 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> The actual *problem* in Opera's treatment of Test 1 is not that it
> displays ~/Dürst but that, when you ctrl-click/right-click (or just
> click) the link in order to copy it (or follow it), then you get
> ~/D%FCrst instead of ~/Dürst.

Why is that a problem?  All browsers tested agree that the path for this
URI is "/People/D%FCrst" as literally typed and as evident by observing
the HTTP request.  That seems to align with my understanding of RFC3986
and 3986's treatment of the %FC which if decoded would be illegal UTF-8.

Best regards,
Chris