Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iri-4395bis-irireg-03.txt

On 2011/07/31 15:01, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2011-07-31 06:27, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am not opposed to publication of the document, but I still think the
>> approach I proposed
>> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/2011Jun/0097.html) is
>> better. Don't you think so?
>
> I don't think so. It's the way how specs should be revised.

I agree with Julian. It's a good idea to split up really large specs,
but it's a bad idea to create piecemeal specs where implementers have to
hunt down little details all over the place.

Also, in this case, the editors were fine with updating the whole spec,
and have (as far as they think) done most of their work, so I think it
would be a bad idea to create more work for them.

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: Thanks for integrating the i18n pieces into
draft-yevstifeyev-ftp-uri-scheme-05. Another example where spec
fragmentation would have been a bad idea.