Re: [bidi] Re: BIDI?

I think that such a variety of opinions also means that there is probably
room for shaping the expectations, and not necessarily leaving it up to
configuration (which, experience teaches us, 99% of users never know exists
anyway).

More importantly, we are not talking about speccing what one product is
going to do in one place. Mark's intention is that gradually, hundreds of
applications - various browsers, email readers, word processors, text
editors, operating systems, spreadsheet applications, etc. will adopt it. Is
the user to configure each one of them installed on a given machine to the
same settings separately?

I think that the standard should be complete without relying on user
preferences.

Aharon