Re: BIDI?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the document.  I note that you believe part of the task
is to cover cases like "example.com" encountered in plain text, even when a
scheme is not present.  At least in language contexts with which I am
familiar, there are a lot of potential non-URIs that have similar patterns.
 With the likely growth of gTLDs, using the presence of a known TLD string
will cease to be an effective marker for this.  Is it your thought that
running this version of the  UBA on all such strings will be effective, even
if they do not happen to be URIs, because its processing rules are derived
from those which would run on plain text?

In other words, if I run into the equivalent of  "Find.me" in a RTL context,
I don't have to know whether this is from the authority section of a URI or
not?

regards,

Ted Hardie