Re: Soliciting feedback on draft-abarth-url

On 20.04.2011 08:22, Adam Barth wrote:
> It's a moderate problem in practice.  For example, every browser I'm
> aware of has had (historically) security bugs arising from subtly
> different URL processing by various components.  We also have examples
> of compatibility problems with web sites arising from different URL
> processing by browsers.

Yes. Sure.

My question was: do the differences in the behavior of the decomposition
attributes cause problems in practice? What type of code is using them?
(I really want to know :-).

I think it would be great if one result of this WG's activity would be
the definition of a standard JS API for processing URIs/IRIs/references
in browsers.

Best regards, Julian