Re: Soliciting feedback on draft-abarth-url

On 19.04.2011 19:37, Adam Barth wrote:
> I should have mentioned that the PASS/FAIL judgements of these tests
> are set somewhat arbitrarily.  The test exist to probe behavior.  It's
> our job to look at the behavior and reach judgements about them.

We just should be aware that we use probes that are actually relevant.
Meaning: that what we can observe from the DOM behavior is the *actual*
behavior when parsing/resolving URIs. I believe you that this is the
case for Webkit, but I'm not totally convinced it's the case for all UAs.

> I'm open to suggestions.  The main requirement is that we can perform
> the test in a black-box manner so that we can test both open- and
> closed-source implementations.

There's a risk that we test the wrong thing just because it's easy to test.

Best regards, Julian