registration templates, Re: [Uri-review] Updated 'javascript' scheme draft

On 05.10.2010 06:17, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> My draft does not include the registration template. That has a lead to
> some complaints, but my reading of RFC 4395 is that it is not required,
> and http://www.w3.org/mid/455CCAAD.2040407@att.com Tony Hansen confirmed
> that. The template is not currently used outside the specification when
> it is part of an RFC, and in my case it would just be a TOC for the do-
> cument; I think it should be clarified that it is not needed in this
> case.

Disagreeing :-)

A registration template is very useful, because:

- it forces the author to think about all the required fields, and

- it makes it easy for reviewers to actually find the relevant sections
in the spec.

Thus I'd like the template to become mandatory.

Best regards, Julian