draft-abarth-url-00, was: IETF79 Beijing IRI wg agenda

On 09.11.2010 05:03, Marc Blanchet wrote:
> Le 10-11-09 11:32, Michael(tm) Smith a écrit :
>> Given that the IRI WG charter explicitly mentions parsing of IRIs, I
>> wonder
>> if the some discussion of the following document might be in scope for
>> the
>> meeting.
>>
>> https://github.com/abarth/url-spec/raw/master/drafts/url.txt
>
> yes. during our interim meeting, this document was presented. The agreed
> action item was for the author to submit it as an internet-draft.
>
> Marc.

It's here: <http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-abarth-url-00.txt>.

And here's a question with respect to the abstract:

    This document contains a precise specification of how browsers
    process URLs.  The behavior specified in this document might or might
    not match any particular browser, but browsers might be well-served
    by adopting the behavior defined herein.

So if it does not match any particular browser, how can it be a "precise
specification of how browsers URLs".

The claim seems to be that they all do it the same way, or that they
*need* to do it the same way, which I think is doubtful.

I think it would be good to clarify this.

Best regards, Julian