Re: BIDI IRI Display (was spoofing and IRIs)

However.

Yes, indeed, in Maghreb countries we are bilingual. But mixing RTL with
LTR is much more in speaking than in writing. Of course, there are
documents (like invoices, administrative forms... [0]) which are
bilingual, but in general in separate lines or columns. (As in the
passport's identity pages).
In news papers, not too much mixing, excepted cases like term or names
in Latin characters, or a commercial frame with slogan in Arabic with
same isolated texts in Latin. Mostly graphics.

Same on the Web. Many sites exist in two or three languages: Ar / Fr /
En. [1]

But really mixing LTR and RTL, with signs and punctuations is not usual.
Web pages as the ones you have here [2] aren't too much.

I would agree with what Jonathan Rosenne said "In my way of thinking,
and average BIDI user does not normally mix LTR and RTL, programmers
excepted."

But I can look further for more precise informations.

Regards,
نجيب التونسي
Najib Tounsi

[0] http://www.cnops.org.ma/images/stories/soins.pdf