Re: "Web Address processing" (ABNF, processing proposal)

Erik van der Poel wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> I believe specs should not only be written for content producers
> (authors and authoring tool developers), but also for content
> consumers, such as browser developers. So, yes, these specs are
> needed. The question may be whether these items should be "moved" from
> URL/URI/IRI to HTML5.
>
> Erik

Yes.

I think extracting a Web Address from HTML could be described in the
HTML spec. That would include stripping leading and trailing whitespace.

The result from that should be processable using *something* in the IRI
spec.

Best regards, Julian