Re: FW: single percent

* Erik van der Poel wrote:

>>>Ugh. Just say No to such implementations. Always parse forward.
>>
>> People attempting to chop off the fragment identifier to pass only
>> the address along are rather unlikely to follow your advice.
>
>Do you know of implementations that parse backwards from the end to
>find the beginning of the fragment part?

Examples are easy to find using Google's code search for a term like
"url" and a pattern like rfind('#') or lastIndexOf('#'); that gives
for example the com.google.thingbrowser.api.UrlUtilities package with
its splitUrlAndFragment method that appears to do just that (quite
possibly in that particular case it does not matter, but there are
many other hits). There are also specifications that rely on "#" being
prohibited in the fragment identifier, e.g. XML Schema uses strings
like "##other" in places where resource identifiers are expected.
But again, people are the relevant "implementations" here.