Re: What schemes take query parts? (was: Re: HTML5 - resolving href="mailto:" based on page's encoding or force utf-8?)

XMPP [RFC4622] has a query part.

     iquerycomp = iquerytype [ *ipair ]
     iquerytype = *iunreserved
     ipair      = ";" ikey "=" ivalue
     ikey       = *iunreserved
     ivalue     = *( iunreserved / pct-encoded )

likewise IMAP [RFC5092]

   If the "?<enc-search>" field is present, the program interpreting the
   URL should use the contents of this field as arguments following an
   IMAP4 SEARCH command.  These arguments are likely to contain unsafe
   characters such as " " (space) (which are likely to be present in the
   <enc-search>).  If unsafe characters are present, they MUST be
   percent-encoded as described in [URI-GEN].

   Note that quoted strings and non-synchronizing literals [LITERAL+]
   are allowed in the <enc-search> content; however, synchronizing
   literals are not allowed, as their presence would effectively mean
   that the agent interpreting IMAP URLs needs to parse an <enc-search>
   content, find all synchronizing literals, and perform proper command
   continuation request handling (see Sections 4.3 and 7 of [IMAP4]).

Tom Petch