Re: '#' in mailto URIs

Larry Masinter wrote:
> What about encouraging URI/IRI scheme registrations to
> say about whether fragment identifiers are necessary,
> important, useful, allowed.
>
> mailto: could then disallow # fragment identifiers.

Not sure.

Consider a scheme that was designed not to be resolvable, and thus its
specs says that fragment identifiers do not make sense.

If it *becomes* resolvable later on, they would.

I think fragment identifiers always make sense if you can use the scheme
  to obtain a representation of the resource. That's all that should be
said.

BR, Julian