Re: Using Punicode for host names in IRI -> URI translation

Hello Martin,

I agree that there is no need for a standards track document to
prohibit moving to a cleaner state. But in the meantime, do you think
we should document the "most prudent thing to do"? Would that be in a
BCP? Should that BCP be updated when the most prudent thing to do
changes?

I also agree that there are many different things that we do with
IRIs, URIs and their components. I guess they cannot all be covered by
one document. Some of these things should probably be in an HTTP spec,
some should be in a mailto: spec, and so on. Maybe that's just stating
the obvious.

Erik