RE: [Widget URI] Internationalization, widget IRI?

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your comments.

FYI I sent the following emails to webapps:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0373.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0376.html

There are two topics around widgets 1.0 and IRIs:
1. IRI is P&C
2. zip-rel-path in P&C referenced from Widgets 1.0: URI Scheme

>>Again, because formally there are no "IRI schemes", there are only
>>URI schemes, even though there are IRIs which can be mapped into
>>URIs of that scheme.
OK. There is URI/IRI dualism.
The issue IMHO is that the mapping between IRI and URI seems not to be automatic, i.e. each application, in our case it seems to be P&C spec, should mandate is explicitly or at least describe how it is done.
At least this is what I understand from reading the IRI spec (I may have to read several times more...).
I posted the related questions here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0365.html

Having the URI/IRI dualism, I actually wonder whether IRI scheme exists and is equivalent to URI scheme on character level.

>>I wonder if the URI registration process document should specifically
>>allow registration forms to describe the URI scheme syntax in terms of
>>IRI characters.
This seems to be the topic of my emails around Widgets 1.0: URI Scheme and usage of the Zip-rel-path grammar that currently operates on character level, and - I assume - was intended to operate on octets).

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marcin