RE: Are IDNs allowed in http IRIs?

Larry, it is either that (scheme-specific knowledge for the schemes that use 'host' when mapping) or the IRI spec needs to have an appendix which updates all the RFCs that currently use 'host' in their authority when specifying scheme syntax (such as RFC 2616 for http). I really don't mind either way, although the 2nd alternative could be quite a lot of work. BTW I am not sure I understand your following message:
<<
For example, a 'data' IRI might need a separate specification for the default MIME type (since text/plain defaults US-ASCII). And an IRI URN might also have a different mapping, etc.

Could you elaborate?

Michel