Re: IRIs and bidi

Martin,

The point is that I disagree with "the overall LTR direction required for
IRIs". In an RTL environment, be it Hebrew or Arabic or any other RTL
script, RTL IRIs should be allowed.

You are right, I meant:

	MISM/LI.LSMM.RZVA://PTTH

Since it is entirely RTL, in an RTL environment I would just type it in
plain logical order.

A person or a child who only knows his own language should be able to use
the internet, even if his native script is Hebrew or Arabic. We have many
people here who cannot read English, and I'm certain the same is true for
the Arab countries, Iran and Pakistan.

Jony

ml
to look at it.

Using the usual 'upper-case for RTL' notation, what I saw was (in a very
crude transliteration):

LI.LSMM.DZVA/MISM://PTTH

I can only identify the first and the last component, which
I think got placed right. The rest got messed up in my opinion. Following
the IRI spec, it should look like:

     MISM/LI.LSMM.DZVA//:PTTH

This is based on the assumption that '/', '.', and ':' are all weak, and
that even the overall LTR direction required for IRIs doesn't affect the
total reordering if everything is RTL.

Could you please clarify how you input this example, and how
it shows up at your end, or how you think it should show up?

The above example of course is currently not allowed, and
would have to be rewritten to show up as:

    http://MISM/LI.LSMM.DZVA

Regards,   Martin.