Re: Some issues with the IRI document [applicabilityUTF8-10]

Hello Paul,

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling.

At 16:04 03/04/17 -0700, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

>At 5:35 PM -0400 4/17/03, Martin Duerst wrote:
>>Can you please check whether you are okay with the new section at
>>http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.html#UTF8use,
>>or whether you think that it needs some stronger normative wording?
>
>Yep, that's much better.
>
>One suggestion, though: the last sentence of the third paragraph of that
>section ends "...the escaped octets cannot be converted to actual
>characters in an IRI, because the escaping is based on iso-8859-1 rather
>than UTF-8." That is true, but it brings in an encoding issue that isn't
>necessary. I propose "...the escaped octets cannot be converted to actual
>characters in an IRI, because the escaping is not encoded as UTF-8."

I have removed the reference to iso-8859-1, although I have
left the text as "escaping is not based on UTF-8" rather than
"escaping is not encoded as UTF-8".

I hope this is okay with you, and I'm closing the issue.
Please tell me if you don't like it, and want the issue kept open.

Regards,    Martin.