Re: Bidi issues

At 22:36 03/08/07 +0000, Adam M. Costello wrote:

>According to the IRI draft, an IRI displayed as mailto:OOF@RAB.com would
>mean user BAR at domain FOO.com.  I don't know if either interpretation
>is better, but presumably we want consistency between the display of
>mailto: IRIs and the display of isolated mail addresses.

Yes, very much so. I would be happy to change the IRI draft again
if we have a better solution, but I haven't seen one yet in the
current discussion. It may be somehow possible to create better
solutions for domain names only, or mail addresses only, but they
may not scale to IRIs.

>If we add a recommendation about this to IMAA, we should consider doing
>the same for IDNA before it goes to draft standard.

Probably a good idea.

Regards,    Martin.